pretty little embellishments

20160715_192214

I’ve been in a little of a creative rut lately, so looked through my papers and scraps to see if I could find any inspiration.  Of course whatever I was making had to include gold… clearly I have an addiction^^ … but what else. I picked out the Pink Paislee C’est La Vie number 03 paper as it is well gorgeous and set to work with my acrylic paints, firstly giving the whole sheet a ‘tea stain’ effect.

20160713_093533[1]

From there I set about painting the roses with watered down acrylic paint … (you could also use watercolours if you wanted to try this, I just like acrylics ^^) .

Once the paint was dry I did add a thin layer of matte varnish (the DoCrafts brand that is sold alongside their acrylic paints) this got rid of the slight chalky texture of the paint and added a little protection for the embellishment. As a finishing touch I highlighted some of the details on the floral design with gold paint. This was definitely a labour of love, thank goodness for TiVo, needed a lot of saved up TV ^

IMG_20160713_160240-1[1]

Then it was just a case of layering up paper scraps, washi tape and die cut and embossed gold circles I made from gold card from the craft store to create the main body of the embellishments, with chipboard buttons (from My Mind’s Eye), machine stitching, puffy heart stickers (from Freckled Fawn) and some word stickers (from Crate Paper)

IMG_20160714_105045

Slowly but surely I am wriggling my way out of my creative rut ^__^

another project life update

20150913_165815-1

Got some more work done on my project life… I’ve fallen completely in love with the new My Mind’s Eye My Story collection. I added in patterned paper from Dear Lizzy Documentary and Basic Grey Barista.20150913_165827-1

20150913_165904-1

I love when a new collection sparks some inspiration… and also helps me use up scraps and left over supplies I’ve hoarded ^__^

I also stumbled across a great technique… I’d gotten the My Story washi tape pack and really wanted to use it on this layout, the problem with washi tape being that it is partially transparent. I was quite disappointing that I wouldn’t be able to include it, until I looked at the pile of scrap cream cardstock left from mounting my (almost) 4×6 photos and stuck the washi tape to the cardstock first then cut it down and used it to create layered embellishment clusters… so happy with how it turned out ^__^

20150914_100530-1

20150913_165932-1

20150913_165925-1Now to just add my journalling ^__^